Baby on the way? Scripps offers Premier Plan members a comprehensive range of maternity services and resources designed to provide support and keep mother and baby healthy — from early pregnancy to postpartum.
Whether this is your firstborn or a new sibling, Scripps physicians, midwives, nurses and clinical staff are ready to care for you and your baby before, during and after pregnancy.
Count on Scripps for expert prenatal, perinatal (high-risk pregnancy care), delivery and postpartum care at locations throughout San Diego County.
Your Premier Plan maternity services include:
- Four hospital locations with maternity centers throughout San Diego County
- The first San Diego hospital to be designated a Baby-Friendly facility by UNICEF and the World Health Organization at Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas
- Lactation specialists and consultations at every location
- Staff that respect your wishes and birth plans
- Midwife services
- Neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas and Scripps Mercy Hospital campuses in San Diego and Chula Vista
We know that giving birth is an extraordinary experience, and your maternity team will partner with you to accommodate your birth plan.
At all Scripps maternity centers, women go through labor, delivery and recovery in one state-of-the-art labor and delivery room. Every room is equipped with a fetal monitoring system, so your nurses, physicians and midwives can continuously monitor your vital signs and your baby’s heart rate.
Premier Plan members also have access to exclusive resources to better support you and your family’s health and wellbeing — all at no additional cost, including:
- Doula maternity services
- Expanded simplified pricing* for maternity services, covering most services at 100% once your deductible is met — new for 2021
- Maternity app
- Maternity classes and support groups
- Lyra Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about these resources below.
*Some eligibility exclusions apply.
Qualcomm Premier Plan members have simplified pricing for maternity services. This was further expanded in 2021. Beginning January 1, 2021, there is a single overall charge, or bundled pricing, for routine pregnancies, inclusive of most prenatal care, delivery and postnatal care for a specified period of time.
In addition, for those eligible for the maternity services bundle(1), once your deductible* has been met (due to maternity or non-maternity related services) for the year, subsequent maternity related services will be covered by the medical plan at 100%. Your annual out-of-pocket max would not apply.
Review the new bundled maternity pricing for more information.
(1) The bundle structure will apply to eligible moms whose primary coverage is under a Qualcomm Premier Plan at 13 weeks of pregnancy. For those who enroll in a Premier Plan past 13 weeks, or do not qualify for the expanded bundle due to certain high risk clinical conditions, the non-bundle standard delivery and routine OB care rates will apply. Does not apply to secondary coverage or when seeking care from out-of-network provider.
* For Premier Plan PPO members, applies to the applicable per person or per family deductible met first.
As a Premier Plan member, you have access to pregnancy and parenting classes offered at Scripps, covering everything from how to make childbirth as comfortable as possible to preparing siblings, grandparents and even pets for the new addition. Sign up for pregnancy and parenting classes on Scripps.org.